Justin3 have staged a creative protest against the rules of the Eurovision Song Contest, when they performed in the first heat of Lithuania’s selection.
Justin3 has revealed to Eurovisionary, that they’ve staged a protest against the rules of the Eurovision Song Contest. The group who are performing “Born to be Wild” opted to take a creative stance against the rules which state you can’t perform your instrument live on the Eurovision stage.
During their performance, Zigmantas Baranauskas the bands drummer, stepped away from the drums and instead decided to mime out playing the drums in mid-air. The group revealed that the idea for the protest came from Paulius Šinkūnas, the groups musical director.
The results of the first Heat are as follows:
- Godo – Fire Fountain – 12 points
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old – 12 points
- Lukas Norkūnas – Tegu – 8 points
- Natalija Chareckaja – Serious – 7 points
- Milda Rasilavičiūtė – I Think About You – 6 points
- Aušra Difartė – Someday – 5 points
- Justin3 – Born to Be Wild One – 4 points
- Benas Malakauskas – My Memories – 3 points
- Evaldas Vaikasas – Blind – 2 points
- Monee – Standing Here – 1 points
- Germanė Kinderytė – Turn It Up – 0 points
- Meda Meškauskaitė – Blood Roses – 0 points
- Dangė – Netikra Laimė – 0 points
Lithuania was represented by Fusedmarc at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. They performed the song “Rain of Revoltuion”, where they went on to finished 17th in their semi-final with 42 points. This represented Lithuania’s worst result in the competition since 2005, when the contest was also head in Kyiv.
Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”, they finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top.10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.