Sofiia Rol has been selected to represent Ukraine at the 2016 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Malta.
Sofiia has won the Ukrainian Junior Eurovision 2016 selection in Kyiv with the song “Planet craves for love”. The singer beat off competition from 11 other singers from across Ukraine who performed in the three hour long national final today.
The jury members were as follows:
- Mariya Burmaka – Head of the Jury – singer, composer and songwriter, has written over 150 songs.
- Victoria Romanova – Deputy Director General of NTU and the Head of Delegation for Ukraine at the Eurovision and Junior Eurovision Song Contests.
- Oleksandr Ksenofontov – Music producer and lyricist, he wrote the lyrics to Ukraine’s winning Eurovision entry in 2004 “Wild Dances”.
- Vadym Lysytsya – Music Producer
Valentyn Koval – CEO of the television channels M1 and M2.
The running order for the final was as follows:
- Band «VoiceLand» – “Vidchyny svoie sertse” (Open your heart)
- Diana Sapozhko – “Tvii svit” (Your world)
- Denys Rodin – “Ukraina – mama moia” (Ukraine – my mother)
- Iuliia Radchuk – “Moia zoria” (My star)
- Denys Dovirak & Natalia Sadova – “Ia chekaiu svoho lysta” (I am waiting for my letter)
- Alisa Panchuk – “Pyi svoi mrii” (Drink your dreams)
- Polina Dashkova, – “Do Boha” (To the Lord)
- Anastasiia Bahinska – “Mii svit” (My world)
- Sofiia Lozina – “Uhorskyi tanok” (Hungarian dance)
- Sofiia Rol – “Planet craves for love”
- Andrii Boiko, – “Open your heart”
- Sofiia Shkidchenko, – “Dolce vita”
Watch the winning performance below: