Today Kazakhstan and the Netherlands will select their representatives for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
The Junior Eurovision national selections continue today with the Netherlands and Kazakhstan selecting their acts for the contest in November. Public voting closes in the Maltese selection, while Russia airs their selection on delay.
Kazakhstan – National Selection – 15:30 CEST
Twelve acts are competing in Astana to become the third Kazakh entrant at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
Kazakhstan kicks off an evening of Junior Eurovision selections with a live national final from the nations capital of Astana. Following over six hundred applications, just twelve young performers will take to the stage to compete to represent Kazakhstan in November. The performers have worked with established Kazakh singers and songwriters to create their songs.
The twelve finalists are:
- Islam Saypollda
- Adiya Burhanova
- Aydana Jumajan
- Akjibek Manarbekkızı
- Kamila Gazizkızı
- Ayım Mukitanova
- Mahinur Tursunova
- Saniya Altınbekkızı
- Aykerim Tleubek
- Jan Makim
- Başanova Karakat
- Nurşat Kusanova
The winner of the selection will be determined entirely by public voting. The show will be held in two parts, the performances will take place from 14:30 CEST to 17:00 CEST, the results will then be revealed between 18:00 CEST and 18:30 CEST Watch the selection live here.
Russia – Junior Eurovision National Selection – 17:00 CEST
The Russian national final for Junior Eurovision 2020 is broadcast this evening, following its taping last night in Moscow.
While it is now known that Sofia Feskova will represent Russia this November, you can watch all eleven acts take to the stage and compete. The finalists are:
- Sophia Tumanova – Bolshe sveta (More light)
- Sofia Feskova – Moy novyy den (My new day)
- Sergey Filin and Veronica Litovchenko – V trendakh TikTok (In TikTok Trends)
- Artem Fokin – Vozmi moyu ruku (Take my hand)
- Sofia Shkepu – Alise
- Arseny Slesarev – Chto ty nadelala, baby? (What have you done, baby?)
- Rutger Garecht – Doroga – moya suba (The road is my destiny)
- Duet “LittleZ” (Mikhail Koval and Polina Koroleva) – Pervaya lyubov (First love)
- Sofia Kirsenko – Prosto zhit (Just live)
- Artem Morozov – Leti (Fly)
- Genych (Gennady Pereverdiev) – Nastroyeniye Panda (Mood Panda)
The winner was determined by 50% online voting and 50% jury voting. The jury is formed of:
- Tatyana Tsyvareva – Editor-in-chief of Karusel TV
- Yulia Savicheva – Represented Russia at Eurovision 2004
- Alexey Vorobyov – Represented Russia at Eurovision 2011
- Lena Laktina – Represented Russia at Eurovision 2003 as part of Tatu
- Polina Bogusevich – Winner of Junior Eurovision 2017
- Mikhail Smirnov – Represented Russia at Junior Eurovision 2015
- Alla Krutaya – TV Presenter
You can watch the show on Karusel from 17:00 CEST.
The Netherlands – Junior Songfestival 2020 Final – 19:25 CEST
Four acts will be performing in the Rotterdam Ahoy this evening as the Netherlands selects its Junior Eurovision 2020 act.
This years Dutch national final comes live from the venue for next years Eurovision Song Contest. A total of four acts will be performing hoping to win over the public, adult jury and kids jury and represent the Netherlands at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
The four acts competing in the final are:
- Unity – Best Friends
- Jackie and Janae – It’s You And Me
- T-Square – Count on Me
The winner will be determined by 33.3% adult jury, 33.3% kid’s jury and 33.3% public televote.
The members of the adult jury are:
- Duncan Laurence – Winner of Eurovision 2019
- Fenna Ramos
- Ronnie Flex – Rapper
The members of the kid’s jury are:
- Matheu – Represented the Netherlands in Junior Eurovision 2019
- 6Times (Gioia, Yosina, Roxy, Idaila, Noa and Amy) – Runners-up of Junior Songfestival 2019
Romy Monteiro and Buddy Vedder are presenting the show which will start at 19:25 CEST and can be viewed live on NPO 3.
Ahead of this evenings show both Robin and Demi from Unity had to withdraw from the show having tested positive for COVID-19. In addition Emma Hesters was replaced by Fenna Ramos on the adult jury after having come in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
Updated 26/09 – 12:00 CEST
Malta – Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 Voting Closes
The public vote which will help to determine the Maltese entrant for Junior Eurovision 2020 will close today.
The public in Malta have until midnight tonight to vote for the act they would like to see represent the nation at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Voting opened following the pre-recorded national final last Saturday and has been open since.
The winner of the Maltese selection will be determined by 50% public televote and 50% jury voting. The acts competing in the selection are:
- Leah Cauchi – Anġli (Angels)
- Michela Caruana – Replay
- Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella
- Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence
- Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Anneka Xerri – Moving
- Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child From Inside
- Yulan Law & Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards
- Leah Mifsud – Anywhere
- Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars
- Isaac Tom – Beside Me
- Zaira Mifsud & Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once