Martin Almgren and Jessica Andersson have advanced to the final of Melodifestivalen 2018.
Seven artists took to the stage in Malmö tonight in the hopes of qualifying directly to the final of Melodifestivalen 2018 or going to Andra Chansen, the second chance round to be held on March 3rd.
The full results are as follows:
- Martin Almgren – A Bitter Lullaby (Qualified to the Final)
- Barbi Escobar – Stark – 7th place
- Moncho – Cuba Libre (Qualified to Andra Chansen)
- Jessica Andersson – Party Voice (Qualified to the Final)
- Kalle Moraeus & Orsa Spelmän – Min Dröm – 5th place
- Dotter – Cry- 6th place
- Mendez – Everyday (Qualified to Andra Chansen)
Jessica and Martin join John Lundvik, Benjamin Ingrosso, LIAMOO and Samir & Victor who have already booked a place in the final. Moncho and Mendez join Sigrid Bernsson, Renaida, Margaret and Mimi Werner in the second chance round.
The winner of Melodifestivalen 2018 will represent Sweden in Eurovision 2018 in Lisbon. Sweden will perform in the second half of the second semi-final on 10 May 2018.
Melodifestivalen has been used for many years to select the Swedish Eurovision entry. A total of 2772 entries were submitted to Melodifestivalen 2018. Twenty-three artists are making their debut at the contest next year, with fourteen returning artists. The remaining dates of Melodifestivalen 2018 are:
- 24/02/2018 (Semi-Final 4): Fjällräven Center, Örnsköldsvik
- 03/03/2018 (Second Chance Round): Kristianstad Arena, Kristianstad
- 10/03/2018 (Grand Final): Friends Arena, Stockholm
Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.