The twenty four songs competing in Eesti Laul 2021 will get their first plays this evening in a special program broadcast by ERR.
‘Eesti Laul 2021, Start’ will be broadcast this evening from 20:35 CET, revealing the twenty four songs vying to represent Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021. Each of the acts has had a music video filmed, with the show featuring interviews and behind the scenes clips with all of the acts competing in Eesti Laul.
The twenty four acts competing in Eesti Laul 2021 are:
- Karl Killing – Kiss Me
- Egert Milder – Free Again
- Rahel – Sunday Night
- Sissi – Time
- Alabama Watchdog – Alabama Watchdog
- Kristin Kalnapenk – Find A Way
- Tanja – Best Night Ever
- Heleza – 6
- Uku Haasma – Kaos (Chaos)
- Suured tüdrukud – Heaven’s Not That Far Tonight
- Kadri Voorand – Energy
- Ivo Linna, Robert Linna, Supernova – Ma olen siin (I am here)
- Uku Suviste – The Lucky One
- Gram-Of-Fun – Lost In A Dance
- Tuuli Rand – Üks öö (One night)
- Jüri Pootsmann – Magus melanhoolia (Sweet melancholy)
- Redel – Tartu
- Kéa – Hypnotized
- WIIRALT – Tuuled (The winds)
- Hans Nayna – One By One
- Nika Marula – Calm Down
- Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto – Wingman
- Helen – Nii kõrgele (So high)
- Koit Toome – We Could Have Been Beautiful
You can watch the show live from 20:35 CET here.
The semi-finals of Eesti Laul will take place on February 18 and 20. 12 songs will then qualify for the Grand Final on March 6. All three shows will take place in Tallinn for the first time since 2018, due to the current Covid-19 restrictions on gatherings in Estonia.
156 songs were submitted, 63 were in Estonian. Of the 93 non-Estonian songs, English was the most common language used but the songs also featured lyrics in Russian, Spanish and French.