HRT has confirmed that it will not be revealing the songs competing in Dora 2020 will not be revealed ahead of the show.
The songs competing to represent Croatia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 will not be revealed ahead of the nations selection. HRT has stated that it will not be revealing the songs in this years contest ahead of the show, as it is in breach of the competitions rules.
Sixteen artists will be competing in Dora 2020 they are:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno (Naive)
- Goran Karan – My legacy is love
- Edi Abazi – Coming home
- Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
- Colonia – Zidina (Walls)
- Zdenka Kovačićek – Love, Love, Love
- Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske (Come back from Ireland)
- Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me! (Come on, call me!)
- Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre (Wild winds)
- Lorena Bućan – Drowning
- Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare (So as not to get old)
- Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama (Call her mama)
- Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
- Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
- Đana – One
- Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi (More than words)
Dora 2020 will take place on February 29th in the Marino Cvetković Hall of Opatija. In 2019 Dora returned to Croatian television screens after eight years absence, having previously been used to select every Croatian entry from the country’s debut in 1993 until 2011. HRT cancelled the selection after 2011, citing Croatia’s poor results in the last ten years and decreasing public interest.
Croatia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993, they were one of three countries to debut in the contest that year. Croatia’s best result came in 1999 when Doris Dragovic finished 4th in Jerusalem. She performed the song “Marija Magdalena” which scored a total of 118 points, this included 12 points from Slovenia and Spain. Croatia returned to the contest in 2016 having withdrawn after the 2013 contest due to a string of poor results and financial difficulties.