Ulrikke has released her entry for Melodi Grand Prix ahead of her first live performance this weekend.
Ulrikke has revealed her Melodi Grand Prix song ‘Attention’, revealing the fourth of the five pre-qualified songs in this years contest. The song has been written and composed by Christian Ingebrigtsen, Kjetil Mørland and Ulrikke Brandstorp. Ulrikke is already in the final and will be performing her song live this Saturday.
The release schedule is as follows:
- Monday 3rd February – Four songs and artists from Semi-Final 5 (Northern Norway)
- Monday 7th February – Last pre-qualified artist song reveal
The five pre-qualified artists are:
- Didrik & Emil – “Out of Air”
- Ulrikke Brandstorp – “Attention”
- Akuvi – “Som du er” (As you are)
- Sondrey – “Take My Time”
- Tone Damli – “Hurts Sometimes”
This year’s edition of Melodi Grand Prix is marking the 60th year of Norway’s participation in the Eurovision Song Contest with a total of twenty-five acts competing to represent Norway in Rotterdam.
Melodi Grand Prix 2020 will begin on January 11 and continue every Saturday until February 15. The semi-finals will be broadcast live from the H3 Arena in Fornebu, just oustide Oslo. Five songs have been chosen for the final already and will be joined by one qualifier from each of the semi-finals.
The final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 will be held in Trondheim Spektrum on February 15. This will only be the third time in history that the final of Melodi Grand Prix has been held outside of Oslo. The schedule for the competition is as follows:
- Show 1 – 4 songs compete from Southern Norway
- Show 2 – 4 songs compete from Eastern Norway
- Show 3 – 4 songs compete from Central Norway
- Show 4 – 4 songs compete from Western Norway
- Show 5 – 4 songs compete from Northern Norway
- Final – 1 qualifier from each show joins the five pre-qualified acts make up the final 10
Norway won the televote at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, with KEiiNO and their song “Spirit in the Sky”. They finished in 6th place overall.