The Song and Dance Ensemble Śląsk, have been announced as performing during the Opening Ceremony for Junior Eurovision 2019.
The Song and Dance Ensemble Śląsk are to perform during the Opening Ceremony in Katowice for Junior Eurovision 2019. The ensemble which was formed in 1953, is one of the largest Polish folk ensembles and is named after the region of Silesia, which the song contest is being held in.
During the course of their history Śląsk have performed over 6,000 shows, and reached an audience of over 20 million people. They will join 4Dreamers as being guest performers at the Opening Ceremony on November 18.
This year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest is set to take place in Gliwice, Poland on Sunday 24th November. A total of 19 countries will take part in the contest, including Kazakhstan and Wales, who made their debuts at last year’s contest. Spain return to the contest for the first time since 2006.
The following countries will participate:
- Albania – Isea Çili – Mikja ime fëmijëri
- Armenia – Karina Ignatyan – Colours Of Your Dream
- Australia – Jordan Anthony – We Will Rise
- Belarus – Liza Misnikova – Pepelny (Ashen)
- France – Carla – Bim Bam Toi
- Georgia – Giorgi Rostiashvili – We Need Love
- Ireland – Anna Kearney – Banshee
- Italy – Marta Viola – La Voce Della Terra
- Kazakhstan – Yerzhan Maxim – Armanyńnan Qalma
- Malta – Eliana Gomez Blanco – We Are More
- Netherlands – Matheu – Dans Met Jou
- North Macedonia – Mila Moskov – Fire
- Poland – Mila Moskov – Fire
- Portugal – Joana Almeida – Vem Comigo (Come With Me)
- Russia – Tatyana Mezhentseva and Denberel Oorzhak – A Time For Us
- Serbia – Darija Vračević – Podigni Glas (Raise Your Voice)
- Spain – Melani Garcia – Marte
- Ukraine – Sophia Ivanko – The Spirit of Music
- Wales – Erin Mai – Calon yn Curo (Heart Beating)
Source: Dziennik Eurowizyjny