Three special guests will make an appearance at the final of Eesti Laul 2019 tomorrow.
The final of Estonia’s Eurovision selection show Eesti Laul 2019 will take place tomorrow at the Saku Suurhall in Tallinn. Estonian broadcaster ERR has revealed that three former Eurovision artists will appear as special guests, this includes:
- Elina Nechayeva – Represented Estonia at the 2018 contest with “La Forza”
- Getter Jaani – Represented Estonia at the 2011 contest with “Rockerfeller Street”
- Ivo Linna – Represented Estonia alongside Maarja-Liis Ilus at the 1996 contest with “Kaelakee Hääl”
The show will see 12 artists sing for the chance to represent their country at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest. The 12 artists are:
- Sissi – “Strong”
- Lumevärv ft. INGA – “Milline päev”
- Victor Crone – Storm
- Kerli Kivilaan – “Cold Love”
- xtra basic & Emily J – Hold Me Close – Televote Qualifier
- Kadiah – “Believe”
- Synne Valtri – “I’ll Do It My Way”
- Stefan – Without You
- The Swingers, Tanja & Birgit – High Heels In The Neighbourhood
- Uku Suviste – “Pretty Little Liar”
- Inger – Coming Home
- Sandra Nurmsalu – Soovide puu
Last night it was also revealed that pre-recorded backing vocals will be allowed for the Estonian final. Dagmar Oja, Rolf Roosalu and Kaire Vilgats are providing backing vocals for the majority of singers this year.
Estonia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 alongside six other countries. At the contest in Dublin they were represented by Silvi Vrait, who finished 2nd last scoring just 2 points. In 2001 Estonia won the Eurovision Song Contest for the only time to date. They were represented by Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL, who performed the song “Everybody” and took a surprise victory in Copenhagen. After the success of the late-90s and early 00s, Estonia failed to qualify for the final from 2004-2008. In 2009 Estonia launched a new selection show, Eesti Laul, and has since qualified for the final six out of ten attempts.