Luana Schembri has been drawn to open the final of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 on September 8.
The draw for the running order for the final of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 took place today at the PBS studios. TVM has revealed the artists that will be opening and closing the final which is set to take place on September 8 from 16:45 CET. Opening the show is Luana Schembri with “No Rest For the Wicked”, while Thea Aquilina will close the final with “Back to My Freedom”.
The 16 finalists and their songs are:
- Giorgia Borg – 10
- Thea Aquilina – Back to My Freedom
- Isaac Spiteri – Bonfire Nights
- Yarin Coleiro – Can You Be the One
- Kylie Meilak – Crystals
- Lora Grech – Finish Line
- Jahel Cardona – Home
- Riona Degiorgio – Infinity
- Ela Mangion – Marchin’ On
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Music Takes Control
- Kristy Spiteri – Nann
- Luana Schembri – No Rest for the Wicked
- Albert-Lauren Agius – Paper Boats
- Zaira Mifsud – Shout Now
- Katryna Borg and Rihana Azzopardi – The Puppet and the Clown
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – Wherever You Go
Thea Aqulina, Kylie Meliak, Jahel Cardona and Riona Degiorgio all participated in the Maltese national final last year. This year is the first time since 2010 that Malta has held a selection process for Junior Eurovision with original songs.
Malta debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2003 and has gone on to win the contest twice. In 2013 on their return to the competition in Kyiv, Gaia Cauchi won the competition with “The Start”, she was the first winner of a Eurovision event for Malta. In 2015 Destiny Chukunyere took victory in Sofia, Bulgaria with the song “Not My Soul”. Malta finished last at the 2005 contest in Belgium with the song “Make It Right” performed by Thea & Friends.