The Kosovan national broadcaster RTK will be airing the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 live to viewers across the country.
Kosovo is the fourth non-participating country to be confirmed as broadcasting the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. The country which has aired the contest for a number of years, with the broadcaster sending a commentary team and journalists to attend the competition.
To date Kazakhstan, China and the United States are the only non-competing countries to confirm that they will be broadcasting the contest. Since 2000 a total of 13 countries have broadcast the contest despite not competing in the contest.
Broadcasters who have shown the contest in previous years include:
- Canada – OUTtv (2014 to 2015)
- China – Hunan Television (2015 to date)
- Faroe Islands – KVP (Live broadcast in 2011 & 2014)
- Greenland – KNR (Delayed broadcast in 2011)
- Kazakhstan – Khabar Agency (2010 to date)
- Kosovo – RTK
- Kyrgyzstan – KRTK (2012)
- New Zealand – UKTV (2014 to 2016)
- United States – LogoTV (2016 to date)
In the past Kosovo have participated in other Eurovision events. For example in 2011, RTK selected Tringa Hsya to participate at the Eurovision Young Dancers contest that year. To be able to participate in a future edition of the Song Contest, Kosovo must become a member of the International Television Union, as well as a member of the United Nations.