Three artists have been eliminated in the first semi-final of Festivali i Këngës which took place this evening.
The 60th edition of Festivali i Këngës began this evening with the first semi-final. The show was hosted by Ardit Gjebrea as the main host and was supported by Jonida Maliqi, Xhemi Shehu, Klevi Kadilli, and Isli Islami.
Twenty artists took part this evening, including six artists in the Newcomer category. Out of these six, three artists have been eliminated from the competition.
The three eliminated artists are:
- Kejsi Rustja – “Vallëzoj me ty” (I dance with you) – Newcomer
- Xhuliana Pjetra – “Baladë” (Ballad) – Newcomer
- Viola Xhemali – “Eja si erë” (Come as the wind) – Newcomer
The seventeen artists still in the competition are:
- Kelly – “Meteor”
- Mirud – “Për dreq” (Damn)
- Urban Band – “Padrejtësi” (Injustice)
- Evi Reci – “Me duaj” (Love me)
- Kastro Zizo – “Kujë” (Mourn)
- Ester Zahiri – “Hiena” (Hyena) – Newcomer
- Eldis Arrnjeti – “Refuzoj” (I refuse) – Newcomer
- Olimpia Smajlaj – “Dua” (I want) – Newcomer
- Shega – “Një” (One)
- Gjergj Kaçinari – “Në ëndërr mbete ti” (You remain in dreams)
- Denis Skura – “Pse nuk flet, mama?” (Why don’t you talk, mum?)
- Endri & Stefi – “Triumfi i jetës” (The triumph of life)
- Janex – “Deluzional” (Delusional)
- Ronela Hajati – “Sekret” (Secret)
- Sajmir Çili – “Nën maskë” (Under the mask)
- Rezarta Smaja – “E jemja nuse” (The bride of mine)
- Alban Ramosaj – “Theje” (Crush)
They will perform in the second semi-final tomorrow evening. The winner of Festivali i Këngës 60 will go on to represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Image source: EBU / Thomas Hanses
Albania made their debut at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2004, the same year the televised semi-final was originally introduced to the competition. Albania succeeded in their first showing with Anjeza Shahini’s “The Image of You”, sailing through the semi-final in 4th place and eventually landing in a respectable 7th place at the grand final. Albania has competed in the Eurovision Song Contest every single year since its debut. Since the success in their original attempt, they have reached the grand final a further nine times. They bettered their 2004 score in 2012 with Rona Nishliu’s song “Suus” who finished the contest in fifth place with 146 Points, their first time reaching the top 5 and their best placing to date.