The number of viewers that watched the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Germany declined by over a third compared to 2020.
A total of 230,000 viewers watched the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 on KiKA on Sunday afternoon, with an overall share of 1.1%. The number of viewers is down 140,000 viewers on the audience who watched the 2020 contest live from Warsaw.
However, KiKA did see an increase in the percentage of its target audience that watched the competition. 16.1% of 3 to 13-year-olds watched the contest up 0.2 percentage points. In addition the share for 10 to 13 year-olds increase from 17.8% to 19.8%.
The audiences reported for Junior Eurovision 2021 so far are:
- France – 1.64 million viewers (up 480,000 viewers on 2020)
- Netherlands – 175,000 viewers (down 144,000 viewers on 2020)
- Poland – 4.9 million viewers (down 1.1 million on 2020)
- Portugal – 288,000 viewers (down 67,000 viewers on 2019)
- Spain – 991,000 viewers (down 171,000 viewers on 2020)
Pauline represented Germany Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with “Imagine Us”. Germany finished 17th out of 19 countries scoring a total of 61 points.
Image Source: Andres Putting/EBU | Source: ESC Kompakt
Germany made their debut at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2020. They were represented by Susan with the song “Stronger with You”, scoring 66 points, finishing 12th and last. In 2021 Pauline performed “Imagine Us” and finished 17th with 61 points.