Ardit, Jonida Maliqi, Xhemi Shehu, Klevi Kadilli and Isli Islami are set to host Festivali i Këngës, while details about the format of shows have been announced.
Ardit Gjebrea will be the main host of this year’s Festivali i Këngës and will be supported by Jonida Maliqi, Xhemi Shehu, Klevi Kadilli and Isli Islami. Jonida Maliqi who won Festivali i Këngës in 2018, will also perform as an interval act in the show.
The format for Festivali i Këngës 60 has also been announced. The first night on December 27th will see all 20 of the participating songs performed. The second night of the show on the 28th will feature past hits of the contest to showcase the history of Festivali i Këngës. The final show on the 29th is when the winner of the festival is announced, the winner will go on to represent Albania with their song at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Last year’s contest was also the first to be held outdoors, the first year not to feature an orchestra and the first year since 1989 that the contest was not held in the Palace of Congresses in Tirana. It is still not known if this format and venue choice will return this year or if the Festival will return to the Palace of Congresses with a live orchestra.
The participants and entries in Festivali i Këngës 60 are:
- Alban Ramosaj – “Theje” (Crush)
- Denis Skura – “Pse nuk flet, mama?” (Why don’t you talk, mum?)
- Eldis Arrnjeti – “Refuzoj” (I refuse)
- Evi Reci – “Me duaj” (Love me)
- Endri & Stefi – “Triumfi i jetës” (The triumph of life)
- Ester Zahiri – “Hiena” (Hyena)
- Gjergj Kaçinari – “Në ëndërr mbete ti” (You remain in dreams)
- Janex – “Deluzional” (Delusional)
- Kastro Zizo – “Kujë” (Mourn)
- Kelly – “Meteor”
- Kejsi Rustja – “Vallëzoj me ty” (I dance with you)
- Mirud – “Për dreq” (Damn)
- Olimpia Smajlaj – “Dua” (I want)
- Rezarta Smaja – “E jemja nuse” (The bride of mine)
- Ronela Hajati – “Sekret” (Secret)
- Sajmir Çili – “Nën maskë” (Under the mask)
- Shega – “Një” (One)
- Urban Band – “Padrejtësi” (Injustice)
- Viola Zhemali – “Eja si erë” (Come as the wind)
- Xhuliana Pjetra – “Baladë” (Ballad)
You can listen to all of the entries here.
The dates for Festivali i Këngës 60 are as follows:
- Night 1 – December 27
- Night 2 – December 28
- Grand Final – December 29
Image Source: RTSH | Source: RTSH
Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest
Albania made their debut at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2004, the same year the televised semi-final was originally introduced to the competition. Albania succeeded in their first showing with Anjeza Shahini’s “The Image of You”, sailing through the semi-final in 4th place and eventually landing in a respectable 7th place at the grand final. Albania has competed in the Eurovision Song Contest every single year since its debut. Since the success in their original attempt, they have reached the grand final a further nine times. They bettered their 2004 score in 2012 with Rona Nishliu’s song “Suus” who finished the contest in fifth place with 146 Points, their first time reaching the top 5 and their best placing to date.