Just under 150,000 viewers tuned in to ETV on Saturday evening to watch Quarterfinal One of Eesti Laul 2022.
Quarterfinal One of Eesti Laul 2022 was the fourth most-watched TV show in Estonia last week. A total of 147,000 viewers followed the competition live on ETV with a market share of 12.4%. The figures are higher than the Grand Final of Eurovision 2021, but over 40,000 viewers less than the Eesti Laul 2021 Semi-Finals.
The results of Quarterfinal One were:
- Traffic – Kaua veel (For a Long Time)
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui vaid (If only) – Jury qualifier
- Kéa – Everytime
- Fiona and Me – Feel Like This
- Peter Põder – Koos lõpuni (Together until the end)
- Stig Rästa – Interstellar – Televote qualifier
- Maian – Meeletu (Crazy) – Jury qualifier
- Little Mess – Hea päev (Good day)
- Boamadu – Mitte kauaks (Not for long) – Televote qualifier
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall – Televote qualifier
Image Source: ERR
Estonia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 alongside six other countries. At the contest in Dublin, they were represented by Silvi Vrait, who finished 2nd last scoring just 2 points. In 2001 Estonia won the Eurovision Song Contest for the only time to date. They were represented by Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL, who performed the song “Everybody” and took a surprise victory in Copenhagen. After the success of the late-90s and early 00s, Estonia failed to qualify for the final from 2004-2008. In 2009 Estonia launched a new selection show, Eesti Laul, and has since qualified for the final six out of ten attempts.