UA:PBC has revealed the five jurors that will determine 50% of the results in the Junior Eurovision 2022 national final tomorrow evening.
The Ukrainian public broadcaster has revealed the five jurors who will be voting in tomorrow’s Junior Eurovision national final. The jurors are:
- Alyosha – Represented Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010
- Igor Kondratyuk – TV presenter and producer
- Lyuba Morozova – Musicologist
- Igor Panasov – Editor in Chief of Karabas Live & Music Journalist
- Oleksandr Balabanov – Represented Ukraine at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020
Oleksandr who represented Ukraine last year explained what he is looking for from the eleven finalists:
I am very pleased to be part of the jury of the final of the National Selection, this is a very responsible mission. I am glad to help choose the best representative from Ukraine at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in France. First of all, I will appreciate the song, its originality, and, of course, the artist’s performance. I can advise participants to be themselves, real, stable and enduring, ready for the difficult process of preparation for the competition. The main thing is not to worry and not to think about the result, just get high and enjoy the process. You are already winners!
The acts taking part in the selection and their competing songs are:
- Arseniy Grischenko – ‘Redemption’
- Anastayia Doroshenko (Nana Do) – ‘Svit nadliudei’ (The World of Super People)
- Daryna Zinchenko – ‘Save this world’
- Karina Kornuta – ‘Save this world’
- Darina Kryvenko – ‘Kosy khmarochosy’ (Skyscraping Braids)
- Veronika Morska – ‘Save this world’
- Yelizabeta Petryk – ‘Save this world’
- Darya Rebrova – ‘Make Me Happy’
- Sofia Skvaruk – ‘Golden Time’
- Mariya Tkachuk – ‘Pazly svitu’ (Puzzles of the World)
- Olena Usenko (Ellen Usenko) – ‘Vazhil’ (Leverage)
The winner of the Ukrainian selection will be determined by 50% jury voting and 50% online voting. Online voting will require a Facebook or Instagram account. The final will be broadcast live on October 24 from 16:00 CEST on UA:Kultura.
Image Source: EBU / STIJN SMULDERS | Source: UA:PBC
Ukraine debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has competed in the contest ever since. To date Ukraine has only won the competition once. In 2012 Anastasiya Petryk won in Amsterdam with the song “Nebo”, she scored 138 points including eight sets of 12 points. Ukraine has hosted the contest twice, the first time being in 2009 and the second being in 2013 following their victory in Amsterdam.