The ten singers who will compete in the live national final to represent Kazakhstan at Junior Eurovision 2021 have been announced.
Following four days of voting, the ten acts that will be competing on November 6 to represent Kazakhstan in Paris, France have been announced. Over 400,000 votes were cast online across the thirty singers who were shortlisted.
The ten finalists are:
- Ayganym Amantay Aibekkyzy – 25,720 votes
- Beknur Zhunibekuly – 25,098 votes
- Amina Asgatova Baurzhankyzy – 24,185 votes
- Armen Sahakyan Yervandovich – 23,463 votes
- Alinur Khamzin Azamatovich – 23,444 votes
- Ekaterina Tabarina Denisovna – 22,610 votes
- Makim Zhan Aliuly – 22,481 votes
- Alimzhan Tugelbai Meyrambekuly – 22,361 votes
- Zhumabay Abilkayir Dosanuly – 21,602 votes
- Adina Sulenova Erlanovna – 21,456 votes
Karakat Bashanova represented Kazakhstan in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with “Forever”. She finished second with 152 points, finishing second in the jury vote and third in the public vote.
Image Source: Khabar
Kazakhstan first participated in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2018, with Daneliya Tuleshova and her song “Ozine sen”. She went on to finish in 6th place. The following year, the country was represented by Yerzhan Maksim with the song “Armanyńnan qalma”, which scored a total of 227 points. Kazakhstan won the jury vote scoring 148 points, but was 5th with the online vote scoring 79 points, and finished in 2nd place overall.