Marina Krut has won a UA:PBC competition which will see her song competing in the Ukrainian Junior Eurovision selection.
“Save this world” will be one of the songs in the running to represent Ukraine at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Paris. Marina Krut won a contest organised by UA:PBC for the creation of a new song to compete in the selection. UA:PBC has not yet specified if this song will be performed by all four acts who qualified for the final without an eligible song.
Fans will recognise Marina Krut from her participation in the Ukrainian Eurovision selection in 2020 with “99”. Krut is a singer, composer and bandura player. “Save this world” was written by Marina and Max Ptashnik, while the music was composed by Marina, Max Ptashnik and Vadim Borisenko.
The winner of the national selection for Junior Eurovision 2021 will be decided by the professional jury and online voting in the televised final on UA: Kultura on October 23. The competing acts are:
- Arseniy Grischenko – ‘Redemption’
- Anastayia Doroshenko (Nana Do) – ‘Svit nadliudei’ (The World of Super People)
- Daryna Zinchenko – Song to be confirmed
- Karina Kornuta – Song to be confirmed
- Darina Kryvenko – ‘Kosy khmarochosy’ (Skyscraping Braids)
- Anzelina Makfarlein (RREALINA) – ‘Angel of Light’
- Veronika Morska – Song to be confirmed
- Yelizabeta Petryk – Song to be confirmed
- Darya Rebrova – ‘Make Me Happy’
- Sofia Skvaruk – ‘Golden Time’
- Mariya Tkachuk – ‘Pazly svitu’ (Puzzles of the World)
- Olena Usenko (Ellen Usenko) – ‘Vazhil’ (Leverage)
Ukraine finished 7th in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 scoring a total of 106 points. Oleksandr Balabanov was 7th with the juries scoring 52 points including 10 points from Poland and Russia. He then placed 6th in the online voting scoring 54 points.
Image Source & Source: UA:PBC
Ukraine debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has competed in the contest ever since. To date Ukraine has only won the competition once. In 2012 Anastasiya Petryk won in Amsterdam with the song “Nebo”, she scored 138 points including eight sets of 12 points. Ukraine has hosted the contest twice, the first time being in 2009 and the second being in 2013 following their victory in Amsterdam.