RTS, the Serbian national broadcaster, has opened the submission window for Beovizija 2022.
The submission window for Beovizija 2022 opened today and will remain open until December 1. Anyone wishing to submit an entry must adhere to the following rules:
- Lyrics can only be written in languages that have official status in Serbia (Serbian, Albanian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Bunjevac, Croatian, Czech, German, Hungarian, Macedonian, Romani, Romanian, Pannonian Rusyn, Slovak, Ukrainian and Vlach)
- Singers must be Serbian citizens
- The submission must include the name of the song, full lyrics, complete information about the author, singer, contact details, social networks, email, etc.
- Songs should not have been published or performed before September 1 2021
- No more than 6 performers are allowed on stage
- All artists must be at least 16 years old by May 1 2022
If none of the submissions meet the required standards, RTS reserve the right to choose an entry from outside the submissions. Also, if sanitary measures do not allow a televised selection to take place, RTS will internally select an entry from the submissions.
Beovizija 2022 will take place in February 2022. The winner of the selection will go on to represent Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Italy.
Serbia placed 15th in the Grand Final of Eurovision 2021 represented by Hurricane with “Loco Loco”. Serbia was 21st with the juries and came 9th with the public televote.
Image Source: Andres Putting | Source: RTS
Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest
Serbia have competed as an independent nation in the Eurovision Song Contest since 2007, and have seen great success in the competition. Their first entry in 2007, Marija Šerifović’s “Molitva”, won the contest in Helsinki with 268 points, making Serbia’s debut one of the most successful in Eurovision history. From then up to their year’s break in 2014, Serbia finished in the top 10 a further two times, including a 3rd place finish in 2012 with Željko Joksimović’s “Nije ljubav stvar”.