45 applications have been received so far for ‘Una voce per San Marino’, the nation’s selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
As of September 25 a total of 45 applications had been received for the San Marinese selection for Eurovision 2022. Of the applications so far 40% have come from outside of San Marino, with the majority of those being artists from Sweden. San Marino RTV is positive about the response to the selection and hopes to see the numbers continue to increase.
Any artists wishing to apply can do so through the official “Una Voce per San Marino” website here.
The dates for ‘Una voce per San Marino’ are as follows:
- December to January – ‘Nuove proposte’ academy
- February 9 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Semi-Final One
- February 10 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Semi-Final Two
- February 11 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Semi-Final Three
- February 12 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Semi-Final Four
- February 13 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Semi-Final Five
- February 16 – ‘Nuove proposte’ Final
- February 19 – Grand Final with 9 nuove propose acts and 9 established acts
San Marino has only held a national selection to determine its entry for the Eurovision Song Contest once before. In 2018 1in360 was used to select both the nation’s representative and song for the competition. It was open to singers from across the globe and culminated in a live final from Bratislava, Slovakia.
Image Source & Source: San Marino RTV
San Marino debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 alongside Azerbaijan. On their debut they were represented by Miodio and the song “Complice”, and finished last in their semi final with just 5 points. San Marino withdrew from the contest before returning again in 2011. Since then the country has participated annually and in 2014 qualified for their first final. The nations worst result came in 2017 when Valentina Monetta represented San Marino for the fourth time alongside Jimmie Wilson with “Spirit of the Night.” The pair finished last in their semi-final with just 1 point.