Sara James has been selected to represent Poland at Junior Eurovision 2021 with the song “Somebody”.
Poland will be represented by Sara James with the song “Somebody”. The singer had been the favourite to win Szansa na Sukces: Eurowizja Junior 2021 since her participation in the competition was first revealed. Sara is the latest winner of The Voice Kids and follows in the footsteps of Roksana who won for Poland in 2018.
The full results were as follows (televote+jury):
- Sara James – Somebody – 5+5 – 10 points – 1st
- Miłosz Świetlik Skierski – Open Wide – 1+3 – 4 points – 2nd
- Marysia Stachera – One World of Colors – 3+3 – 4 points – 2nd
The winner of Szansa na Sukces: Eurowizja Junior 2021 was determined by 50% public televote and 50% jury voting. On the jury were:
- Konrad Smuga – Director of Poland’s Junior Eurovision performances
- Grzegorz Urban – Music Director of Szansa na Sukces
- Anna Cyzowska-Andura – Director of Agency Kreacji Rozrywki
The panel in the studio for the show which commented on the performances was formed of Roksana Węgiel winner of Junior Eurovision 2018, Ala Tracz Poland’s 2020 representative and Edyta Górniak who finished 2nd at Eurovision 1994.
Image Source: TVP
Poland participated in the first Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2003. After two consecutive last-place finishes, they withdrew from the contest and did not return until 2016. From there on, Poland’s fortunes in the contest reversed resulting in Roksana Węgiel winning in 2018 with “Anyone I Want to Be”. In 2019, the contest was hosted in the Polish city of Gliwice. Viki Gabor won on home ground with “Superhero”, giving Poland a second consecutive victory.