Selections for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 continue across Europe today with Ireland & Poland continuing their search.
Two selection shows for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 will be broadcast today. While an announcement for the competing artists in the Maltese Junior Eurovision selection is expected today.
15:15 CEST – Szansa na Sukces: Eurowizja Junior 2021 – Semi-Final Three
Poland’s search for Junior Eurovision 2021 continues this afternoon with seven more singers vying for a place in the final.
The seven singers taking part in the semi-final this afternoon will be performing hits by Eurovision winners ABBA and Celine Dion. The seven singers are:
- Sara Egwu-James – That’s the way it is
- Julia Bieniek – Dancing Queen
- Lena Mrówczyńska
- Kornelia Wodka – A new day has come
- Martyna Kaczmarek – Mamma Mia
- Michelle Bednarowska – Waterloo
- Natalia Smaś
On the jury that will select one artist to progress to the final are:
- Ala Tracz – Junior Eurovision 2020 participant
- Ray Wilson – Former member of Genesis
- Paolo Cozza – TV personality
You can watch the show live on TVP2.
21:00 CEST – Ireland – Junior Eurovision Éire
The Irish selection for Paris continues tonight with the second of six weeks of shows.
Louise Cantillon hosts the show this evening which will see young Irish singers hoping to win over a panel of judges and secure a place in the next round. The permanent members of the jury are:
- Niamh Ní Chróinín – Radio presenter, manager of Irish-language youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá
- Fiachna Ó Braonáin – Member of Hothouse Flowers (interval act at Eurovision 1988), a permanent judge on Junior Eurovision Éire 2016-2018, composer of “Banshee” (Junior Eurovision 2019 Ireland)
The guest judges are all former Irish Eurovision entrants. They are:
- Jedward (2011 and 2012)
- Niamh Kavanagh (1993 Winner, 2010)
- Brian Kennedy (2006)
- Lesley Roy (2020 and 2021)
- Mickey Joe Harte (2003)
- Linda Martin (1984, 1992 Winner)
It is unknown if the format of Junior Eurovision Éire will be the same as the last edition in 2019. From 2015 to 2018, all contestants had to enter with original songs. In 2019, contestants performed Irish cover versions of well-known songs. The entry for Junior Eurovision was then composed after the winner was chosen.
You can watch the show live on TG4.
Malta – MJESC 2021 Participants Revealed
The twelve acts that will compete to represent Malta in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Paris will be revealed today.
Malta will be the latest country to reveal the artists competing to represent their nation at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 today. Following an open submissions process, PBS will reveal the twelve artists competing in the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest today.
The final of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 will take place on October 9. The Maltese representative will be selected by a combination of jury and televote
Ukraine – Junior Eurovision 2021 Submissions Window Closes
Ukraine closes its submissions window for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 today.
Today is the last day for young singers in Ukraine to apply to represent their country at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Singers between the ages of 9 and 14 years old were invited to submit a recording of their own song or record a cover of any of Ukraine’s Junior Eurovision entries from 2015-2020, which includes:
- “Open Up” – Oleksandr Balabanov (2020)
- “The Spirit of Music” – Sophia Ivanko (2019)
- “Say Love” – Darina Krasnovetska (2018)
- “Don’t Stop” – Anastasiya Baginska (2017)
- “Planet Craves for Love” – Sofia Rol (2016)
- “Pochny z sebe” – Anna Trincher (2015)
Once all entries have been received, the broadcaster will choose between 12 to 16 singers to go through to the final. Those who had submitted a cover video will receive a new original song from UA:PBC for the final.
kraine will select its representative on October 23, the winner being decided by a professional jury panel and through online voting.
Image Source: Stijn Smulders/ EBU