Tonight Georgia begins its search for the nation’s representative at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Paris, France.
Ranina the Georgian selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest commences this evening, as two months of shows get underway. Ten young singers are competing in the contest aged between 9 and 13 years old. The singers are:
- Nini Orkoshneli, 10 years old
- Gega Shonia, 11 years old
- Andria Beridze, 13 years old
- Barbara Makatadze, 9 years old
- Nikoloz Kajaia, 10 years old
- David Luarsabishvili, 12 years old
- Guga Nadiradze, 9 years old
- Keso Russia, 12 years old
- Ioana Navadze, 9 years old
- Mariam Boukhnikashvili, 12 years old
The first episode this evening will feature half of the singers and will be the first of two episodes for this thematic round, four different thematic rounds will be held.
A jury formed of three persons will vote after each performance awarding up to 40 points. They score each act based on four categories: vocal, performance, artistry, collaboration, up to 10 points can be awarded for each category.
You can watch the show live on GPB from 20:00 CEST here.
Last year at Junior Eurovision 2020 ten-year-old Sandra Gadelia was selected to represent her country after winning Ranina. She sang the song “You Are Not Alone”, a song written and composed by Giga Kukhianidze and Temo Sajaia. She came 6th out of 12 acts in Poland.
Image Source: GPB/EBU