The three singers who will compete to represent Germany at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 have been announced this afternoon.
Marta, Pauline and Emilie have been chosen by the public to go through to the final of Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?. Internet voting selected the three finalists from a line up of five that had been selected by a jury from over 100 applicants from across Germany.
The results of the online vote were as follows:
- Marta – An 10-year-old singer from Bad Salzuflen who has a passion for singing and dancing – Finalist
- Anjali – An 11-year-old singer from Eschborn who, aside from singing, enjoys horse riding and nature
- Yike – An 11-year-old singer from the German capital Berlin. He also plays the piano and guitar
- Pauline – A 12-year-old singer from Koblenz who has won several prizes at “Jugend musiziert” – Finalist
- Emilie – A 13-year-old singer from Homburg, who also plays the trumpet and created her own youth band – Finalist
The final of Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris will take place on September 10 from 19:30 to 21:00 CET in the Central Club in Erfurt. The show will be broadcast live on KiKA.
Each of the three finalists will sing two songs each, which they have each selected from four already produced songs for the preliminary round. The songs were written especially for Junior Eurovision and come from various composers who have been requested by a music label.
During the show, a jury will comment on the performances. The jury will consist of influencer and singer Selina Mour and hip-hop artist Gabriel Kelly. The jury have no voting rights. The public alone will choose the German representative for Junior Eurovision 2021 in Paris.
Germany finished last on their Junior Eurovision debut. Germany was represented by Susan with the song “Stronger with You” scoring 66 points. Germany was last in the jury vote receiving 27 points, the highest of which was 6 points from France. They also ended last in the online vote with 39 points.
Junior Eurovision 2021
Paris will host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 on December 19 in La Seine Musicale. The following countries have confirmed their participation so far:
- North Macedonia
- Portugal – Simão Oliveira
Source & Image Source: Eurovision.de