Five artists have made it through to the online voting round in Germany’s Junior Eurovision selection.
Germany’s selection for the 2021 Junior Eurovision Song Contest is well underway, with five artists making it to the next round of voting after being chosen by a jury panel. The five singers are:
- Marta – An 10-year-old singer from Bad Salzuflen who has a passion for singing and dancing
- Anjali – An 11-year-old singer from Eschborn who, aside from singing, enjoys horse riding and nature
- Yike – An 11-year-old singer from the German capital Berlin. He also plays the piano and guitar
- Pauline – A 12-year-old singer from Koblenz who has won several prizes at “Jugend musiziert”
- Emilie – A 13-year-old singer from Homburg, who also plays the trumpet and created her own youth band
In this round, it’s up to the public to vote for their favourite singer online. You can do so here. The three artists with the most votes will go through to the final of Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris? on September 10 in Erfurt. Each of the three singers will be competing with two songs each.
Germany finished last on their Junior Eurovision debut. Germany was represented by Susan with the song “Stronger with You” scoring 66 points. Germany was last in the jury vote receiving 27 points, the highest of which was 6 points from France. They also ended last in the online vote with 39 points.
Junior Eurovision 2021
Paris will host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 on December 19 in La Seine Musicale. The following countries have confirmed their participation so far:
- North Macedonia
- Portugal – Simão Oliveira
Source: eurovision.de | Image Source: NDR / Benjamin Hüllenkremer
Germany was due to participate in both the 2003 and 2004 contest but later withdrew. Despite this, a German delegation was sent to observe the contest on multiple occasions, including 2013, 2014 and and 2019. NDR also broadcast the 2015 and 2016 contests online. Germany is the last of the Big 5 nations to compete in the contest. Of note as well is that Viki Gabor, winner of Junior Eurovision 2019, was born in Germany.