The full list of entries in the OGAE Second Chance Contest 2021 has been released. The contest is being organised by OGAE Sweden after Anna Bergendahl won the 2020 contest with “Kingdom Come”. This was Sweden’s seventeenth win in the contest’s history.
The OGAE Second Chance has been held every year since 1987 among the national branches of OGAE, the official Eurovision fan club. Songs that did not their country’s national selection are eligible to take part in the contest. Members of the fan clubs then vote for their favourite songs.
14 songs will take part in this year’s contest. This is the lowest number of entries since 1995, when only nine songs participated.
The running order for the 35th OGAE Second Chance Contest is as follows:
- Albania: Era Rusi – “Zjarri im”
- Israel: Eden Alene – “Ue La La”
- Portugal: Neev – “Dancing in the Stars”
- France: Pony X – “Amour fou”
- Sweden: Eric Saade – “Every Minute”
- Russia: Therr Maitz – “Future is Bright”
- Spain: Blas Cantó – “Memoria”
- Denmark: Chief 1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – “Højt over skyerne”
- Italy: Irama – “Il genesi del tuo colore”
- Estonia: Jüri Pootsmann – “Magus melanhoolia”
- Lithuania: Gebrasy – “Where’d You Want to Go?”
- Croatia: Bernarda – “Colors”
- Norway: KEiiNO – “Monument”
- Finland: Ilta – “Kelle mä soitan”
Also voting in the contest are guest juries. These guest juries are from countries that did not have a national selection for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest or did not take part in the contest at all.
Voting is now open for all clubs that are participating as competitors or as guest juries. The results will be revealed later in the year.
Image Source: Kairit Leibold/ERR / Source: OGAE Second Chance Contest