Silje Skjemstad Cruz will be the spokesperson for Norway in the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
Silje Skjemstad Cruz will give the Jury points for Norway in this years Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. Silje is a journalist and continuity presenter at NRK, the Norwegian broadcaster. Other spokespersons revealed so far include:
- Azerbaijan: Ell & Nikki – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011
- France: Carla – Junior Eurovision 2019 representative
- Georgia: Oto Nemsadze – Eurovision 2019 representative
- Ireland: Ryan O’Shaughnessy – Eurovision 2018 representative
- Latvia: Aminata Savadogo – Eurovision 2015 representative
- Lithuania: Andrius Mamontovas – Eurovision 2006 representative
- Netherlands: Duncan Laurence – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019
- Sweden: Carola – Winner of Eurovision 1991 and participant in 1983 and 2006
- Russia: Polina Gagarina – Eurovision 2015 representative
Norway are represented at the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest by TIX with the song Fallen Angel
Who is Tix?
TIX (Andreas Haukeland) was born on 12th April 1993 in Bærum, Norway. His stage name “TIX” (“ticks”) is a nod to his diagnosed Tourettes syndrome. The singer is an advocate for mental health openness and has shared his thoughts and experiences in the past.
Source: MGP on Instagram // Image Source: EBU / Thomas Hanses
Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
Norway debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1960 and have won the contest three times – in 1985, 1995 and 2009. The country has the dubious record of finishing last the most times, eleven in total, and have received nul points four times. Norway last won the contest in 2009 when Alexander Rybak broke all records with his song “Fairytale”. He scored 387 points in the final, receiving 16 sets of 12 points and scoring points from every country.