Denmark will be represented by Fyr Og Flamme at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands this May.
The final of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2021 has come to a close with Fyr Og Flamme chosen to represent Denmark at Eurovision. A total of eight acts competed this evening in Copenhagen to represent Denmark, with the competition held over two rounds.
In the first round all eight acts performed with the Danish public voting for their favourites, three acts qualified for the Super Final (bold):
- Chief1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne (High above the clouds) – Qualifier
- Nanna Olivia – Hvileløse hjerter (Restless hearts)
- The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullets
- Claudia Campagnol – Abracadabra
- Mike Tramp – Everything Is Alright
- Fyr Og Flamme – Øve os på hinanden (Practice on each other) – Qualifier
- Emma Nicoline – Står lige her (Standing right here)
- Jean Michel – Beautiful – Qualifier
In the Super Final the results were as follows:
- Fyr Og Flamme – Øve os på hinanden (Practice on each other) – 1st – 37%
- Chief1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne (High above the clouds) – 3rd – 29%
- Jean Michel – Beautiful – 2nd – 34%
DR has confirmed following this evenings final that Fyr Og Flamme’s song will be remaining in Danish for Eurovision 2021, this is the first time that Denmark will be performing a song entirely in Danish at Eurovision since 1997.
Denmark are competing in the second half of the second Semi-Final of Eurovision 2021 on May 20.
Denmark debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957 alongside Austria and the United Kingdom. To date, Denmark has won the contest on three occasions, the first being in 1963 when Grethe & Jorgen Ingmann performed “Dansevise”. Denmark won the contest again in 2000 represented by the Olsen Brothers, their most recent victory came in 2013 when Emmelie de Forest performed “Only Teardrops”. Denmark failed to qualify for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2015 and 2016.