Romania are set to reveal the song that Roxen will perform at Eurovisio 2021 on March 4.
The Romanian Head of Delegation has confirmed that the nations entry for Eurovision 2021 will be revealed in two days time. Roxen’s song for Eurovision has been determined by a jury from six songs that were written for the singer.
The jurors who selected the song were:
- Luminiţa Anghel – Represented Romania at Eurovision 2005
- Andrei Tudor – Composer and performer
- Liana Stanciu – Head of Delegation for Romania
- Lucian Ștefan – Head of Global Records
- Bogdan Păun – Director and Founder of NGM Creative
- Liviu Elekes – Composer and Producer
- Bogdan Pavlică – Playlist manager at RRA
- Dan Manoliu – Producer and Artistic Director
- Gabriel Scîrlet – Music Director at TVR
Who is Roxen?
Larisa Roxana Giurgiu (Roxen) was born on January 5 2000 in Cluj-Napoca in northwestern Romania. At the age of 7, she began singing and participating in numerous competitions and festivals, and has since gone on to release two songs which have featured in the Romanian radio charts: “You Don’t Love Me” and “Ce-ti canta dragostea” (What love sings to you). According to Media Forest weekly charts, Roxen is the 3rd most played artist on Romanian radio stations.
Image Source: TVR | Source: TVR
Romania first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, the country had tried to participate in 1993 but failed to get through the pre-qualifying round. At the 1994 contest Dan Bittman finished 21st in the final scoring 14 points, Romania didn’t make it through to another final until 1998. Romania’s best results in the contest are two third place finishes. In 2005 Luminita Anghel & Sistem finished 3rd scoring 158 points, while Paula Seling & Ovi finished 3rd in Oslo with the song “Playing with Fire”. Romania missed the 2016 contest due to TVR being removed from the EBU.