Tonight, the fourth heat of Melodifestivalen, Sweden’s national pre-selection, took place in Stockholm’s Annexet Venue.
Tonight’s show was hosted by the producer of Melodifestivalen, Christer Björkman. He was also joined by actor and comedian, Per Andersson and singer, Pernilla Wahlgren.
Semi Final 4 saw seven acts competing, with two qualifying directly to the final and two gaining a place in the Andra Chansen round, which will be held next week.
These are the results of tonight’s semi final:
- Tess Merkel – Good Life – 5th Place
- Lovad – Allting är precis likadant – Eliminated in the first round of voting
- Efraim Leo – Best of Me – Second Chance
- The Mamas – In the Middle – Qualified direct to the final
- Sannex – All Inclusive – Eliminated in the first round of voting
- Clara Klingenström – Behöver inte dig idag – Second Chance
- Eric Saade – Every Minute – Qualified direct to the final
The remaining Melodifestivalen shows will take place on these dates:
- Andra Chansen (Second Chance) – March 6th
- Final – March 13th
Source: SVT | Image Source: Jan Danielsson, SVT
The winner of the final on the 13th March will go on to represent Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.