SVT, the Swedish national broadcaster, has revealed the duels for the Andra Chansen round of Melodifestivalen 2021.
The eight songs that finished third and fourth in their heats will now compete in the Andra Chansen round on March 6 The songs have been grouped into four duels, with the winner of each duel progressing to the final on March 13.
The duels are as follows:
- Alvaro Estrella – “Baila Baila” v Lillasyster – “Pretender”
- Frida Green – “The Silence” v Paul Rey – “The Missing Piece”
- Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos – “Rena rama ding dong” v Clara Klingenström – “Behöver inte dig idag”
- Klara Hammarström – “Beat of Broken Hearts” v Efraim Leo – “Best of Me”
The winners of the duels will join the following artists in the final:
- Danny Saucedo – “Dandi dansa”
- Arvingarna – “Tänker inte alls gå hem”
- Dotter – “Little Tot”
- Anton Ewald – “New Religion”
- Charlotte Perrelli – “Still Young”
- Tusse – “Voices”
- Eric Saade – “Every Minute”
- The Mamas – “In the Middle”
Source: SVT / Image Source: Sveriges Television AB (SVT), Stina Stjernkvist
Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.