The third heat of the Swedish national pre-selection took place tonight at the Annexet venue in Stockholm.
The host of the show was Christer Björkman, the producer of Melodifestivalen, alongside rapper Jason Diakité, also known as Timbuktu.
Seven artists took part, with two qualifying directly to the final and a further two securing themselves a place in the Anda Chansen round.
The results of tonight’s heat are:
- Charlotte Perelli – Still Young – Directly qualified for the final
- Emil Assergård – Om allting skiter sig – 5th Place
- Klara Hammarström – Beat of Broken Hearts – Second Chance
- Mustasch – Contagious – Eliminated in First Round
- Elisa – Den du är – Eliminated in First Round
- Alvaro Estrella – Baila Baila – Second Chance
- Tusse – Voices – Directly qualified for the final
The dates of the remaining Melodifestivalen shows are as follows:
- Fourth Semi Final – February 27
- Andra Chansen (Second Chance) – March 6
- Final – March 13
The winner of the Final on 13th March will go on to represent Sweden at the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Source: SVT / Image source: Jan Danielsson, SVT
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.