RTP has revealed the six jury members that will be voting in the Semi-Finals of Festival da Canção 2021.
The Portuguese broadcaster has today revealed the six jurors that will determine 50% of the results in the two Semi-Finals of Festival da Canção 2021. The jury members are:
- Maria Carvalho – Winner Composer of Festival da Canção 2020
- NBC – Competed in Festival da Canção 2019 finishing second
- Paulo de Carvalho – Represented Portugal at Eurovision 1974
- Rita Carmo – Photographer
- Rita Guerra – Represented Portugal at Eurovision 2003
- Vanessa Augusto – Television presenter
Festival da Canção 2021 begins this Saturday with the first semi final. The following Saturday will be the second semi final, with the grand final of the contest then taking place on Saturday the 6th of March.
This weekend’s show will be hosted by Jorge Gabriel and Sónia Araújo and will see five of the following ten entries advance to the final:
- The Black Mamba – Love Is on My Side
- Valéria – Na mais profunda saudade
- mema. – Claro como água
- Nadine – Cheguei aqui
- Miguel Marôco – Girassol
- Fábia Maia – Dia lindo
- Irma – Livros
- Karetus and Romeu Bairos – Saudade
- Sara Afonso – Contramão
- IAN – Mundo
Image Source: RTP | Source: ESC Portugal
Portugal debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1964 represented by Antonio Calvario, the country finished last scoring nul points. Prior to 2016, the best result of Portugal was 6th place which came in 1996 when Lucia Moniz performed in Oslo. She scored 92 points, receiving the 12 points from both Norway and Cyprus. Since their debut, Portugal have missed a total of five contests. In 2017, Portugal produced a spectacular win when Salvador Sobral took home the crystal microphone with his song “Amar Pelos Dois.” The 2018 contest was held in Lisbon, Portugal for the first time.