Danish broadcaster DR has revealeded all eight artists who will compete in this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix.
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix will take place on Saturday 6th of March in a TV studio at the headquarters of DR. The winner will go on to represent Denmark at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam.
The 8 participating acts in DMGP 2021 are as followed:
- The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullets
- Hanna Olivia – Hvileløse hjerter (Restless hearts)
- Jean Michel – Beautiful
- Fyr Og Flamme – Øve os på hinanden (Practice on each other)
- Chief1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne (High above the clouds)
- Claudia Campagnol – Abracadabra
- Mike Tramp – Everything Is Alright
- Emma Nicoline – Står lige her (Standing right here)
You can hear all the 8 songs on the DR website.
There will be no physical audience in attendance again this year in Denmark, however, DR is planning on using a virtual audience via Zoom. The show will be hosted by Martin Brygmann and Tina Müller. For the second year in a row, a live orchestra will be present for the contest conducted by Peter Düring.
Source: DR / Image source: Betina Garcia / DR
Denmark debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957 alongside Austria and the United Kingdom. To date, Denmark has won the contest on three occasions, the first being in 1963 when Grethe & Jorgen Ingmann performed “Dansevise”. Denmark won the contest again in 2000 represented by the Olsen Brothers, their most recent victory came in 2013 when Emmelie de Forest performed “Only Teardrops”. Denmark failed to qualify for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2015 and 2016.