Seven clues have been revealed regarding the finalists of this year’s Finnish national final.
Ahead of tomorrow’s artist announcement, Finnish broadcaster YLE has been revealing clues about who will participate in Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2021. Seven artists will compete in the final, which will take place in the Mediapolis Studios in Tampere on February 20. The winner will go on to represent Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
The clues are as follows:
- An artist who has competed at the Eurovision Song Contest previously, and whose native language is not Finnish. They have had airplay on the radio.
- A delicate interpreter who is known for producing a whole choir with just their voice. They recently sang one of the most-streamed songs.
- A band that has won the largest international competition in their genre, and have fans abroad.
- An artist who has appeared on one of the largest shows in Finland, and has worked on numerous hit songs. They are also known to produce covers.
- A singer from Turku who has released Finnish and English music. The songwriters have written for G-Eazy and Selena Gomez.
- An artist who is known as being an “icon in their genre”, with international success to their name.
- An artist that every Finnish person knows. Their career started through a singing competition and has since received many awards.
Fans have been guessing who these artists could be, looking at clue #1 as previous Eurovision entrants such as Laura Põldvere (Estonia 2017) and Krista Siegfrids (Finland 2013).
The artists will be revealed tomorrow at 12:00 CET.
Image source: YLE