RTSH has this afternoon announced the twenty six acts that will be competing in Festivali i Këngës 59.
The twenty six acts that will be competing in the 59th edition of Festivali i Këngës have been revealed by RTSH. The acts will be taking to the stage in Tirana this December, with the winner going on to represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
The songs and the acts performing them are:
- Peng (Hostage) – Devis Xherahu
- Valixhja e kujtimeve (The suitcase of memories) – Orgesa Zaimi
- Kush je ti dashuri (Who are you love?) – Festina Mejzini
- E morën botën (They took the world) – Franc Koruni
- Pendesë (Penance) – Inis Neziri
- Kam me t’ba me kajt (I can do it with you) – Sardi Strugaj
- Më jep jetë (It gives me life) – Gjergj Kaçinari
- Nëse vdes (If I die) – Durim Morina (Mirudi)
- Tjerr (Spin) – Evi Reçi
- Vashëzo – Rosela Gjylbegu
- Vallja e jetës (The dance of life) – Klevis Bega (Kastro Ziso)
- Do t’ja dal (I will do it) – Klinti Çollaku
- Karma – Anxhela Peristeri
- Si ajo (Like her) – Wendi Mancaku
- Ty (You) – Fatos Shabani
- Vajzë (Girl) – Florent Abrashi
- Njësoj (Same) – Enxhi Nasufi
- Ajo vajza (That girl) – Kamela Islamaj
- Zjarri im (My fire) – Era Rusi
- Jo (No) – Erikson Lloshi
- Më mbron (It protects me) – Xhesika Polo
- Ora e jetës (The hour of life) – Manjola Nallbani
- E lirë (Free) – Giliola Haveriku
- Nënë (Mother) – Viktor Tahiraj
- Vendi im (My place) – Agim Poshka
- Meteor – Stefan Marena
The announcement of the acts competing means that Arilena Ara will not be competing to represent Albania at Eurovision 2021. Arilena won Festivali i Këngës last year and had been due to represent Albania at Eurovision 2020 before the contest was cancelled.
Image Source & Source: RTSH
Albania made their debut at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2004, the same year the televised semi final was originally introduced to the competition. Albania succeeded in their first showing with Anjeza Shahini’s “The Image of You”, sailing through the semi final in 4th place and eventually landing in a respectable 7th place at the grand final. Albania have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest every single year since their debut. Since the success in their original attempt, they have reach the grand final a further six times. They bettered their 2004 score in 2012 with Rona Nishliu’s song “Suus” who finished the contest in fifth place with 146 Points, their first time reaching the top 5 and their best placing to date.