Valentina has been selected to represent France at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
— Eurovision France 🇫🇷 (@EurovisionF2) October 9, 2020
Valentina was born on April 6 2009 in Rennes in Brittany. Her love for music comes from her mother, who used to sing her lullabies. At the age of 6, she auditioned for The Voice: Kids. She has been a member of Kids United Nouvelle Géneration, a French children’s music group, since 2018. She has recorded two albums with the group and has taken part in UNICEF campaigns. Apart from singing, Valentina can also rap. Her favourite artist is Ariana Grande but she also enjoys Italian music, especially Laura Pausini, as her mother is an Italian teacher.
Valentina’s entry for Junior Eurovision 2020 will be revealed at a later date.
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest takes place on November 29. Thirteen countries are competing in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. They are:
- Belarus – Arina Pehtereva – “Aliens”
- France – Valentina
- Germany – Susan – “Stronger With You”
- Kazakhstan – Karakat Bashanova – “Forever”
- Malta – Chanel Monseigneur – “Chasing Sunsets”
- Netherlands – Unity – “Best Friends”
- Poland – Alicja Tracz – “I’ll Be Standing”
- Russia – Sofia Feskova – “Moy novy den”
- Serbia – Petar Aničić – “Heartbeat”
- Spain – Soleá – “Palante”
- Ukraine – Oleksandr Balabanov – “Vidkryvai (Open)”
Image Source: Ahmed Bahhodh / Source: Junior Eurovision
France in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
France first participated in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2004 with “Si on voulait bien” by Thomas but withdrew the year after. After a 14-year break, France returned to the contest in 2018 with “Jamais sans toi” by Angélina. She finished 2nd, giving France their best result in a Eurovision contest since 1991. Last year, Carla finished fifth in with “Bim Bam Toi”.