The studios at the TVP Headquarters will be the venue for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Warsaw.
Speaking to JastrzabPost, Rafał Brzozowski has revealed that the TVP Headquarters in Warsaw will be the venue for this years Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The show will come from studio 5 block F in the Polish broadcasters building, the same studio that Rafał normally presenters ‘Jaka to melodia?’ from.
Following the announcement that Warsaw would be the host city for this years contest, TVP had looked into holding the contest at a TV recording studio in Warsaw, but due to COVID-19 has scaled down the size of the venue required.
According to Dziennik Eurowizyjny the TVP Headquarters was considered as a venue for Eurovision Dance Contest 2009. However the EBU rejected TVP’s bid to host the contest instead giving Azerbaijan the right to host. The competition was subsequently cancelled due to alack of interested broadcasters.
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest takes place on November 29. Thirteen countries are competing in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. They are:
- Germany – Susan – Stronger With You
- Kazakhstan – Karakat Bashanova – Forever
- Malta – Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Netherlands – Unity – Best Friends
- Poland – Alicja Tracz – I’ll Be Standing
- Russia – Sofia Feskova – Moy novy den
- Serbia – Petar Aničić – Heartbeat
- Spain – Soleá – Palante
- Ukraine – Oleksandr Balabanov – “Vidkryvai (Open)”
Image Source & Source: Dziennik Eurowizyjny