Chanel Monseigneur will represent Malta at this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Warsaw, Poland.
Maltese broadcaster PBS has revealed that Chanel Monseigneur will represent the nation at the 2020 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The winner was determined by a combination of jury voting (50%) and public voting (50%). Leah Mifsud finished in second place and Mychael Bartolo Chircop in third.
On the jury was:
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Malta JESC 2019
- Michaela Pace – Malta ESC 2019
- Dominic Cini – Singer and composer
The competing acts were:
- Leah Cauchi – Anġli (Angels)
- Michela Caruana – Replay
- Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella
- Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence
- Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Anneka Xerri – Moving
- Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child From Inside
- Yulan Law & Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards
- Leah Mifsud – Anywhere
- Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars
- Isaac Tom – Beside Me
- Zaira Mifsud & Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once
Source and image source: PBS
Malta debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2003 and has gone on to win the contest twice. In 2013 on their return to the competition in Kyiv, Gaia Cauchi won the competition with “The Start”, she was the first winner of a Eurovision event for Malta. In 2015 Destiny Chukunyere took victory in Sofia, Bulgaria with the song “Not My Soul”. Malta finished last at the 2005 contest in Belgium with the song “Make It Right” performed by Thea & Friends.