Alicja Tracz will represent Poland at this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Warsaw.
Today the final of the Polish selection for Junior Eurovision 2020 took place. Three acts took part, performing two songs each. Their first song was one selected by the producers, and their second song was the song they wished to represent Poland on home soil. The winner was determined by 50% jury vote and 50% SMS voting.
The covers round saw Lena Marzec perform “Superhero”, Agata performed “Can’t Stop The Feeling”, while Alicja rounded off the covers round with “Mam tę moc”.
The results were as follows (public + jury):
- Lena Marzec – You & Me – 3 + 3 – 6 points – 2nd
- Agata Serwin – What I’m Made Of – 1 + 1 – 2 points – 3rd
- Alicja Tracz – I’ll Be Standing – 5 + 5 – 10 points – 1st
The Polish entry has been written by Gromee who represented Poland at Eurovision 2018 and his wife Sara Chmiel-Gromala. The duo wrote all of the songs that competed in the Polish final.
The jury was formed of:
- Viki Gabor – Winner of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020
- Cleo – Represented Poland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014
- Dawid Kwiatkowski – Singer-songwriter
Image Source: lubelski.pl
Poland participated in the first Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2003. After two consecutive last place finishes, they withdrew from the contest and did not return until 2016. From there on, Poland’s fortunes in the contest reversed resulting in Roksana Węgiel winning in 2018 with “Anyone I Want to Be”. In 2019, the contest was hosted in the Polish city of Gliwice. Viki Gabor won on home ground with “Superhero”, giving Poland a second consecutive victory.