Daniyela Shapchnikova has won the online vote for Ukraine’s Junior Eurovision selection with just under 40% of the vote.
UA:PBC has revealed the top five in the nations online vote for the Ukrainian Junior Eurovision selection. Daniyela Shapchnikova won the online vote receiving 39.98% of the vote, over double that of the second placed act. Daniyela’s victory in the online vote made no difference to the overall result, with Oleksandr Balabanov having won the selection on the jury vote alone yesterday.
The top five of the online vote was as follows:
- Daniyela Shapchnikova – 39.98%
- Olena Usenko (Ellen) – 16.61%
- Yaroslav Politov (Yar Politov) – 14.27%
- Oleksandr Balabanov – 12.6%
- Anzhelina Makfarleyn (Rrealina) – 3.6%
Between the top five they received 87.06% of the overall votes cast, with the remaining six acts received a combined 12.94% of the vote.
The song that Oleksandr will perform in Warsaw is titled “Vidkryvay” which translates to ‘Open’. Oleksandr is the first male singer to represent Ukraine in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest since 2009 when Andranik Alexanyan represented Ukraine on home soil in Kyiv.
Image Source & Source: UA:PBC
Ukraine debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has competed in the contest ever since. To date Ukraine has only won the competition once. In 2012 Anastasiya Petryk won in Amsterdam with the song “Nebo”, she scored 138 points including eight sets of 12 points. Ukraine has hosted the contest twice, the first time being in 2009 and the second being in 2013 following their victory in Amsterdam.