Khabar TV has today revealed how the Kazakh representative at Junior Eurovision 2020 will be selected.
Kazakhstan is set to hold an open selection process to determine the nations participant for Junior Eurovision 2020 in Warsaw, Poland. The submissions window for the selection opens on August 10 and closes on August 20. Applicants must be between 9 and 14 years old and songs must be 3 minutes long and be performed in Kazakh and up to 40% English.
The winner of the Kazakh selection will be determined by jury voting alone, with no televised selection process. On the jury are:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova – Music Producer
- Khamit Shangaliyev – Music Producer, Composer and Sound Producer
- Erlan Bekchurin – Producer for Dimash Kudaibergen
- Zhanar Dugalova – Winner of the Turkvision Song Contest 2014
- Amre – Winner of Slavianski Bazaar 2018
- Dinaya – Second Place at New Wave Junior in 2015
- ZaQ – Soloist of the group ‘Ninety One’
- Indira Edulbayeva – Superfinalist in the Voice of Ukraine 2020
The country first participated in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2018, with Daneliya Tuleshova and her song “Ozine sen”. She went on to finish in 6th place. The following year, Kazakhstan was represented by Yerzhan Maksim with the song “Armanyńnan qalma”, which scored a total of 227 points. Kazakhstan won the jury vote scoring 148 points, but was 5th with the online vote scoring 79 points, and finished in 2nd place overall.
Image Source: Thomas Hanses / Source: Khabar