Six more stations have held there selections for P4 Nästa 2020, with one potentially competing in Melodifestivalen 2021.
From Uppland to Sörmland, six more P4 stations across Sweden have held their selections for P4 Nästa. The winner of each selection has been chosen by a jury and local voting. The six acts are:
- Uppland – Markus Hakim – Capulet
- Halland – Canvas – Tjugo år
- Jönköping – Henna Lacabanne – Slå hål i mörkret
- Västernorrland – Nina Bring – Nära
- Malmöhus – Hilde & Erik – Som det är
- Sörmland – Linnéa Lindgren – Gå morgon
They join the previously selected artists from:
Twenty-five regional selections will be held by P4 stations across Sweden. From the twenty-five winners of regional selections, eight will be selected to go through to a final. The final of the radio contest P4 Nästa will take place on September 12.
The final of P4 Nästa has since 2013, seen one artist selected by SVT to compete in the next edition of Melodifestivalen. Amanda Aasa was given the wildcard into Melodifestivalen this year and competed with “Late”, she finished 6th in the third semi-final. To date no P4 Nästa wildcard has made it out of the semi-finals.
P4 Nästa continues on June 1 with the next selection, the full list of selections are as follows:
- June 1 – P4 Kalmar
- June 4 – P4 Kristianstad, P4 Örebro
- June 5 – P4 Dalarna, P4 Kronoberg, P4 Stockholm, P4 Värmland, P4 Östergötland, P4 Väst
- June 10 – P4 Göteborg, P4 Norrbotten
- June 12 – P4 Gävleborg, P4 Sjuharad
- June 17 – P4 Västerbotten, P4 Gotland
- June 26 – P4 Västmanland
- July 17 – P4 Blekinge
Image Source: Sveriges Radio / Source: P4
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.