In Portugal an average of 488,000 viewers were watching Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light on RTP1.
488,000 viewers watched in Portugal as Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light was broadcast on Saturday evening by RTP 1. The show had a market share of 9.7%.
Of note is that the broadcast lost over half a million viewers during the course of its 2 hour duration. The show started the evening with over 800,000 viewer and by the end had less than 300,000 viewers with a share below 6.5%.
Ratings reported so far for Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light are as follows:
- Austria – 235,000 viewers – 8% share
- Finland – 163,000 viewers
- France – 1,170,000 viewers – 7.5% share
- Germany – 1,640,000 viewers – 7.6% share
- Greece – ~250,000 viewers – 6.2% share
- Italy – 2,753,000 viewers – 11.05% share
- Netherlands – 2,370,000 viewers – 14.% share
- Portugal – 488,000 – 9.7% share
- Spain – 1,262,000 viewers – 7.2% share
Image Source: ESC Bubble / Source: ESC Portugal
Portugal debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1964 represented by Antonio Calvario, the country finished last scoring nul points. Prior to 2016, the best result of Portugal was 6th place which came in 1996 when Lucia Moniz performed in Oslo. She scored 92 points, receiving the 12 points from both Norway and Cyprus. Since their debut, Portugal have missed a total of five contests. In 2017, Portugal produced a spectacular win when Salvador Sobral took home the crystal microphone with his song “Amar Pelos Dois.” The 2018 contest was held in Lisbon, Portugal for the first time.