235,000 viewers watched on ORF Eins last night as Austria joined the live broadcast of Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light.
A total of 235,000 viewers watched Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light live on ORF Eins last night. The show was part of 3 hours of Eurovision content that was broadcast on the channel yesterday evening. Osterreich 12 Punkte, which was broadcast 45 minutes before the broadcast from Hilversum was viewed by 274,000 viewers.
Ratings reported so far for Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light are as follows:
- Austria – 235,000 viewers – 8% share
- France – 1,170,000 viewers – 7.5% share
- Germany – 1,640,000 viewers – 7.6% share
- Greece – ~250,000 viewers – 6.2% share
- Italy – 2,753,000 viewers – 11.05% share
- Netherlands – 2,370,000 viewers – 14.% share
- Spain – 1,262,000 viewers – 7.2% share
Image Source: ESC Today / Source: ORF
Austria debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957, Bob Martin represented the country on their debut, but finished in last place scoring just 3 points. The country has gone on to finish last in the contest on 8 occasions. Austria has won the contest on two occasions, the first being in 1966 when Udo Jürgen performed “Merci, Cherie”. It was 48 years later than Austria won again when Conchita Wurst performed “Rise Like a Phoenix” scoring a total of 290 points.