The EBU has announced that the Eurovision Song Celebration 2020 will air on the days of the Eurovision 2020 semi-finals.
Eurovision Song Celebration 2020 will air on the official Eurovision YouTube channel at 21:00 CEST on May 12 and 14. Both shows will highlight the songs that would have taken part in either semi-final in a non-competitive format. All the songs will be played out in the official Semi-Final running orders decided by this year’s producers.
On Tuesday 12 May, the EBU will spotlight the songs that would have been shown in the first Semi-Final including host country the Netherlands and 2 of the Big 5 countries: Germany and Italy. The second online show, broadcast on Thursday 14 May, will feature the songs chosen for the second Semi-Final and will include the rest of the Big 5 countries: France, Spain and the United Kingdom.
During the shows, a Fan Recap of the songs will air in place of an ordinary recap. Fans can record themselves dancing to the 20-second snippets of all – or a selection – of their favourite acts and the best will be featured during the show. Anyone wishing to send in videos must note the following:
- All videos must be recorded 16:9, horizontal/landscape in 1920×1080 HD
- The video must be recorded with the latest possible device and be on a steady base
- Files must be submitted in MP4 or MOV format
- Anyone in the videos must be well lit by a window or a light near the device
- Files must be sent in the highest resolution via WeTransfer to email@example.com (alternatively via Google Drive, OneDrive, Myairbridge.com or Dropbox)
- The submission must Include your name, country, age(s), email address and phone number
- Anyone who is under 18 in the videos must get permission from their parent/guardian before participating
- The deadline for videos is May 5
The 20-second snippets can be found in this video:
Eurovision Song Celebration will complement “Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light”, which will air on all 41 participating broadcasters on May 16.