The Austrian broadcaster ORF has revealed more details of ‘Mr. Song Contest proudly presents – Der ‚kleine‘ Song Contest’ which will take place next week.
Details of Mr. Song Contest proudly presents – Der ‚kleine‘ Song Contest have been revealed today by ORF. The show which will take place over three nights will be hosted by Andi Knoll who has commentated on the Eurovision Song Contest for the Austrian broadcaster for a number of years.
Three shows will take place on April 14, 16 and 18 with a panel of ten former Austrian Eurovison entrants scoring the forty-one songs that were due to compete in Eurovision 2020. The jury will be reviewing the music videos with each country introduced by a specially created postcard.
The ten jurors are:
- Waterloo – Represented Austria in 1976
- Simone – Represented Austria in 1990
- Petra Frey – Represented Austria in 1994
- Manuel Ortega – Represented Austria in 2002
- Alf Poier – Represented Austria in 2003
- Eric Papilaya – Represented Austria in 2007
- Nadine Beiler – Represented Austria in 2011
- Conchita – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014
- ZOE – Represented Austria in 2016
- Cesár Sampson – Represented Austria in 2018
The jurors will each score the songs based on the Eurovision Song Contest scoring method. At the end of each show a winner will be named, with three songs competing in a final round to win ‘Der kleine Song Contest’. The winner of the series will be determined by audience voting.
The show will be broadcast on ORF1 from 20:15 CET.
Source: ESC Kompakt