TVR has revealed the five jurors who will have a 50% say in the song that will represent Romania at Eurovision 2020.
TVR the public broadcaster of Romania has revealed the names of the five jurors who will be voting during Selecția Națională 2020. The five jurors will be scoring each of the acts from 0 to 5 points, with a combined score determining the overall jury vote. The jurors are:
- Luminiţa Anghel – Represented Romania at Eurovision 2015
- Crina Mardare
- Alin Opera
- Edward Sandra
- Andrei Tudor – Composer
Luminiţa Anghel, Crina Mardare and Andrei Tudor were also on the jury that helped to select Roxen as the Romanian representative for Eurovision 2020.
Five songs are being performed by Roxen during the national final tomorrow evening. They are:
- “Storm” (written by Minelli and Viky Red)
- “Colors” (written by Julie Frost, Breyan Isaac and Alex Cotoi)
- “Cherry Red” (written by Theea Miculescu, Sebastian Barac, Marcel Botezan and Costel Dominteanu)
- “Beautiful Disaster” (written by Julie Frost, Breyan Isaac and Alex Cotoi)
- “Alcohol You” (written by Ionut Armas, Breyan Isaac, Viky Red)
Romania first participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, the country had tried to participate in 1993 but failed to get through the pre-qualifying round. At the 1994 contest Dan Bittman finished 21st in the final scoring 14 points, Romania didn’t make it through to another final until 1998. Romania’s best results in the contest are two third place finishes. In 2005 Luminita Anghel & Sistem finished 3rd scoring 158 points, while Paula Seling & Ovi finished 3rd in Oslo with the song “Playing with Fire”. Romania missed the 2016 contest due to TVR being removed from the EBU.