Hanna Ferm has topped the OGAE Sweden exit poll for the fourth semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2020.
With 989 votes cast Hanna Ferm heads into tomorrow nights show as the favourite to make it direct to the final of Melodifestivalen 2020. The singer received over 40% of the votes from the public polled after tonight’s dress rehearsal. The full results of the voting were as follows:
- Hanna Ferm – Brave – 418 votes (42.3%)
- Victor Crone – Troubled waters – 182 votes (18.4%)
- Frida Öhrn – We are one – 120 votes (12.1%)
4. Jakob Karlberg – Om du tror at jag saknar dig – 90 votes (9.1%)
- William Stridh – Molnljus – 71 votes (7.2%)
6. Nanne Grönvall – Carpool Karaoke – 70 votes (7.1%)
7. Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron – Surface – 38 votes (3.8%)
The final of the event will take place in the Friends Arena, in Stockholm on March 7th, preceded by the Second Chance round (Andra Chansen) in Eskilstuna on February 29th. The winner of the contest will go on to represent Sweden at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Source: OGAE Sweden
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.