The third semi final of Melodifestivalen 2020 took place in Luleå tonight. Seven artists took part, with two advancing directly to the final and a further two landed a place in the Andra Chansen round.
Linnea Henriksson, Lina Hedlund and David Sundin are the hosts of Melodifestivalen 2020. Linnea is a singer/songwriter who rose to fame in 2010 after placing 4th in Idol. Lina is best known for her multiple appearances participating in Meldodifestivalen, the last time being in 2019 with her song “Victorious”. David is an actor and comedian who has also worked on Melodifestivalen in the past as a screenwriter.
The results of tonight’s show are:
- Mariette – Shout It Out – Final
- Albin Johnsén – Livet börjar nu – Eliminated in the first round
- Drängarna – Piga & dräng – Qualified to Andra Chansen
- Amanda Aasa – Late – Eliminated in the first round
- Anis Don Demina – Vem e som oss – Qualified to Andra Chansen
- Faith Kakembo – Crying Rivers – 5th place
- Mohombi – Winners – Final
The dates of the remaining Melodifestivalen shows are as follows:
- Semi-Final 4 (Malmö) – February 22
- Andra Chansen (Eskilstuna) – February 29
- Final (Stockholm) – March 7
The final of the event will take place in the Friends Arena, in Stockholm on March 7th, preceded by the Second Chance round (Andra Chansen) in Eskilstuna on February 29th. The winner of the contest will go on to represent Sweden at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.